At Bridgewater Home Care we specialise in providing care for those in their own homes who are living with a specialist condition or long-term illness. For those with a neurological condition, everyday tasks can become increasingly challenging, and many aspects of normal life can completely change.
Neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, and epilepsy result from damage to the brain, spinal column, or peripheral nerves. Some neurological conditions can severely affect an individual’s quality of life and result in loss of independence.
These conditions are broadly categorised into the following:
• Sudden onset conditions (such as acquired brain injury or spinal cord injury)
• Intermittent or unpredictable conditions – such as epilepsy, early stages of multiple sclerosis or Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)
• Progressive conditions (for example motor neurone disease, Parkinson’s disease, or later stages of multiple sclerosis)
• Stable neurological conditions (post-polio syndrome, or cerebral palsy)
Our specialist neurological care affords those in their own homes the ability to maintain their independence for as long as possible, with the added help and support from our Care Specialists.
With a focus on providing the highest quality of care to our clients, at Bridgewater Home Care we offer tailored and flexible care solutions that begin with the individual. Neurological conditions can affect people in completely different ways and as such result in differing abilities and requirements. As part of our getting to know you process, we endeavour to find out personal preferences, likes and dislikes, preferred lifestyle, and wishes for the future.
The specialist services we provide at Bridgewater Home Care help and support those in their own homes with essential daily tasks, household responsibilities, personal hygiene care, companionship and concierge and everything else in between.
You can rest assured that you are in the best possible hands with Bridgewater Home Care. We place huge importance on the quality of care we provide, delivered by professionals you can trust.
• A tailored service based on the preferences, requirements and wishes of the individual
• Care continuity from Care Specialists you can rely on
• A supportive, friendly team who are there for the individual and their family members
• The services you receive can be adapted over time to enhance or reduce the care provided
• We start with you – we get to know our clients and their families to understand their wishes and match with the most appropriate Care Specialist
• The care we provide is adapted to the condition of the individual, ensuring we provide the most appropriate solutions for their specific needs
• An integrated service – whether a loved one requires companionship, personal care, medication assistance or home help, we can combine services to best suit their needs
It can be just as challenging for family members adapting to the changes in behaviours and abilities of a loved one with a neurological condition. With Bridgewater Home Care your dedicated team are with you every step of the way, providing ongoing support and communication so that family members are well supported and informed. We will monitor conditions over time to recognise any changes or developments in symptoms to give family members peace of mind and respite from every-day caring responsibilities.
If a loved one could benefit from extra support and assistance at home to support a neurological condition, please contact our friendly team below to find out more.